Sinéad's had a busy 2012 since my last update.
- In September, Sinéad song backup on 4 songs on Damien Dempsey's sixth album, Almighty Love.
- In October, she collaborated with Meshell Ndegeocello on the Nina Simone song "Don't Take All Night" on Ndegeocello's album Pour une ame souveraine.
- In November, she appeared twice on a charity album for the John Murray Show called, appropriately enough, A Murray Christmas: first, with Danny O'Reilly, on "When a Child Is Born" (also released as a digital single), and second, on the traditional tune "Once in Royal David's City."
- That same month, Cornershop remixed The Wolfmen's "Jackie, Is It My Birthday?" and called it "Posing as an Angel."
- At the beginning of 2013, "Fourth and Vine" was released as a the second single from How About I Be Me (and You Be You)?.
- I've resized all of the hi-res images so that they fit entirely on a standard-sized browser window. In other words, they're not as hi-res as they used to be, but they load faster and look quite good, I think.
- I've completed transcriptions of the lyrics to every song on How About I Be Me (and You Be You)?.
- I cannot believe how behind I am on scanning in new items I've received over the past year. Tonight, though, I've uploaded scans for three 2011 releases: the Albert Nobbs soundtrack, Andrea Corr's Lifelines, and yet another Essential compilation from Germany.
- I decided it was time for a small makeover. The navigation links in the left rail are now listed below the masthead, and release pages have quick jump-to links below the release title.
- Nearly finished with all of the song lyrics pages. The only ones that are left are things like interview transcripts.
- Many of songs covered by Sinéad now also include the lyrics from the original version.
- Started creating pages for each song, which will include lyrics, notes, and credits, wherever possible. Someday I'd also like to add bits from Sinéad's interviews, but let's not be hasty.
- Made big changes to how release versions are displayed for songs. Now, if a song appears on multiple versions of a release, only one release entry will be displayed, along with the count of how many of them feature the song version.
- Added the Music of Ireland: Welcome Home CD+DVD that will be released in the US on March 2nd, 2010, and features a new Sinéd cover of the Tim Buckley song "Song to the Siren."
- Added this "What's New?" page.
- Added links at the top of the discography page for showing/hiding promotional-only releases and compilations.
- Added scans for Common Ground and Michael Collins.
- The songs page now suppresses version numbers for releases that have only one version.
- The songs page now displays version names (e.g. "7"") next to the release name.
- Added a link on the discography page to switch between a full and compact listing.
All artwork, lyrics, and liner notes are copyrighted by their respective owners, and are used without permission, but are used with the utmost respect.
Everything else © copyright Jason R. Tibbetts 2007-2010. All rights reserved.
Questions, comments, or corrections? Email me at email@example.com.